Cascade is a new, still-under-the-radar company led by repeat entrepreneurs and backed by top investors.
Cascade's mission is to give modern analysts the tools they need to tell beautiful, deep, elegant stories with data. Non-technical business analysts have not gotten a tool upgrade in years — Cascade unlocks the analyst's skillset by allowing them to combine data of all kinds and sizes, manipulate and explore datasets, run sophisticated operations and publish the results in a story-like format. Unlike work done in a spreadsheet, analysis in Cascade is repeatable, auditable, deeply collaborative and automatically up-to-date. Data stories live online, ready for others to explore and build on.
Cascade is backed by First Round Capital, Redpoint, Susa and other top investors.
We are looking for an analytical Product Designer to round out our founding team at Cascade. We believe great product design is central to our mission, and the magic in the product will be in how it feels to use. You will help define the product design and user interaction of the Cascade platform and by working closing with the CEO and CTO, and by maintaining a finger on the pulse of users. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. You will be expected to craft and grow our design culture and team.
- You’ll help define our product design vision and collaborate with the leadership team on the overall direction of our product
- You'll dive deep in to the workflow of the analyst, understanding what they're trying to build, how they're building it and where they need help.
- You’ll define our design system (product components visual design, user interaction and beyond) and work with different teams to implement it across our platform and applications
- You’ll work with prospective users to gather ideas, collect feedback and form new flows and interfaces, and help us decide what to build, not just how to build it
- You’ll iterate on product designs with our technical teams and work closely with them to understand all the technical functionality and constraints of the application
- 5+ years of experience in product design or user experience
- You're skilled with data analysis, data visualization and converting raw information into an elegant story.
- You’ve worked on deeply technical applications and feel comfortable balancing usability with complex settings and functionality.
- You have experience translating user research into beautiful and intuitive interfaces for web-based applications.
- You have knowledge and experience with various design approaches and are up-to-date on current design trends.
- You can manage and work on several projects at the same time.
- You have great attention to detail and strive to make user flows seamless.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You care deeply about people, culture and laying the foundation for an incredible organization.